points - Details)
#1 Best Seller in Women’s Studies and Biographies of the Rich & Famous and Royalty ─ Glimpse Behind the Façade of Rich and Famous Women
If you liked The Last Castle and Lean In, you’ll love Women of Means.
The Grass Isn’t Greener on the Other Side: Heiresses have always been viewed with eyes of envy. They were the ones for whom the cornucopia had been upended, showering them with unimaginable wealth and opportunity. However, through intimate historical biographies, Women of Means shows us that oftentimes the weaving sisters saved their most heart-wrenching tapestries for the destinies of wealthy women.
Happily Never After: From the author of Behind Every Great Man, we now have Women of Means, vignettes of the women who were slated from birth―or marriage―to great privilege, only to endure lives which were the stuff Russian tragic heroines are made of. They are the nonfictional Richard Corys―those not slated for happily ever after.
Women of Means is bound to be a non-fiction best seller, full of the best biographies of all time. Some of the women whose silver spoons rusted include:
- Almira Carnarvon, the real-life counterpart to Lady Cora of Downton Abbey
- Liliane Bettencourt, whose chemist father created L’Oreal… and was a Nazi collaborator
- Peggy Guggenheim, who had an insatiable appetite for modern art and men
- Nica Rothschild, who traded her gilded life to become the Baroness of Bebop
- Jocelyn Wildenstein, who became a cosmetology-enhanced cat-woman
- Ruth Madoff, the dethroned queen of Manhattan
- Patty Hearst, who trod the path from heiress… to terrorist
From the Publisher
Unimaginable wealth and opportunity.
“Wild, witty, gossipy, and glamorous. A sheer delight. I could not get enough of reading about heiress Barbara Hutton’s outrageous lifestyle, Jackie O as a step-mom, Patty Hearst’s many adventures, Peggy Guggehein’s collection of art (and men) and Almira Carnarvon, the real-life counterpart to Lady Cora of Downton Abbey. Simply Splendid.” ―Becca Anderson, author of Badass Women Give the Best Advice
Mango is an innovative independent publisher based in beautiful and sunny Miami, Florida. Our goal is to create high-quality books that explore new ideas and start conversations with our readers. Our books seek to stretch the boundaries of our culture and get social waves flowing in new directions. We focus on building a strong relationship with our authors, who are some of the freshest, most distinctive voices of our time.
A collection of envy.
These vignettes of the women who were slated from birth―or marriage―to great privilege, only to endure lives which were the stuff Russian tragic heroines are made of. Women of Means shows us that oftentimes the weaving sisters saved their most heart-wrenching tapestries for the destinies of wealthy women.
- The Lion and the Lamb – A children’s chapter book with moral lessons for Ages 3-5 years and above: A Bedtime Picture Story for Kids (Toddlers, Preschoolers, ages 6-8, 8-10 and up ) - January 29, 2021
- Dark Haven Illusion (The Children Of The Gods Paranormal Romance Book 47) - January 29, 2021
- Getting to Know & Love Islam: A Children’s Book Introducing Islam - January 29, 2021