points - Details)
Find comfort and hope through the process of grief and loss―for kids ages 5 to 7
Why Do I Feel So Sad? is an inclusive, age-appropriate, illustrated kid’s book designed to help young children understand their own grief. The examples and beautiful illustrations are rooted in real life, exploring the truth of loss and change, while remaining comforting and hopeful.
Broad enough to encompass many forms of grief, this book reassures kids that they are not alone in their feelings and even suggests simple things they can do to feel better, like drawing, dancing, and talking to friends and family.
Why Do I Feel So Sad? is:
- Practical and compassionate―Written for early childhood-aged kids, this book touches on common sources of grief―everything from death to divorce or changing schools.
- Different for everyone―This book normalizes the confusing thoughts and physical symptoms that come with grief, so kids know there’s no one right way to feel or heal.
- Tips for grownups―Find expert advice and simple strategies for supporting grieving kids in your life.
Children don’t have to go through grief alone; this book provides the tools to help them.
From the Publisher
Reassure kids who are struggling with their feelings by:
Normalizing all forms of grief
This book addresses the wide range of physical and emotional symptoms that comes with grief, and how they don’t always make sense. It also acknowledges the different degrees of grief around everything from death to divorce to moving schools.
Exploring tips for adults
If you’re the parent or caretaker of a child who is grieving, you’ll find guidance inside for effective ways to communicate and help them heal.
Making it accessible
The examples and beautiful illustrations are rooted in real life, exploring the truth of loss and change, while remaining hopeful and age-appropriate.
- The Lion and the Lamb – A children’s chapter book with moral lessons for Ages 3-5 years and above: A Bedtime Picture Story for Kids (Toddlers, Preschoolers, ages 6-8, 8-10 and up ) - January 29, 2021
- Dark Haven Illusion (The Children Of The Gods Paranormal Romance Book 47) - January 29, 2021
- Getting to Know & Love Islam: A Children’s Book Introducing Islam - January 29, 2021